The Salvation Test Is God’s Examination For Assurance. (Matthew 7: 21-23, I John) One day many church members will stand before God and not even know they are lost until Jesus tells them. They will cry, “Lord, Lord”; and yet Jesus will say, “I never knew you. Depart from me, ye that work iniquity”.
What a shock! The Bible says, “Examine yourself, whether ye be in the faith” and “brethren, make your calling and election sure.” How do you do that? How do you examine your salvation to see if it is real?
God gives a salvation test in the Bible. Every person can know for sure, if they are truly saved or not. Each professing Christian should take their testimony and lay it on the Bible. If our testimony matches what the Bible says, then we know we have true salvation. If our testimony does not match the Bible, we can know we do not have the kind of salvation that will get us into heaven.
God is the author of salvation. Salvation is what God says it is; not what you or I say it is. The Bible presents the evidence of true salvation and the marks of a true believer. Only those who have Biblical evidence of salvation and the marks of a true believer, will go to heaven. Take the Salvation Test.
The Salvation Test Is Found In The Epistle Of First John.
There are Seven Questions each of us must ask ourselves. The answers to these questions will confirm whether or not, we truly know God and are going to heaven.
(1) Do You Obey The Word Of God? (1 John 2:3-4) “And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him”.
(2) Do You Love God Or The World? (1 John 2:15) “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the father is not in him”.
(3) Were You Changed In Your Character Since You Believed? (1 John 2:29) “If ye know that He is righteous, ye know that everyone that doeth righteousness is born of Him”.
(4) What Is Your Attitude Toward Sin? (1 John 3:9) “Whosoever is born of God doeth not commit sin: for His seed remaineth in him because he is born of God”.
(5) Do You Love The Brethren? (1 John 3:14) “We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death”.
(6) Does The Holy Spirit Live In You? (1 John 4:13) “Hereby we know that we dwell in Him and He in us, because He hath given us of His spirit”.
(7) Have You Truly Believed On The Lord Jesus Christ? (1 John 5:13) “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God”.
Did You Pass The Salvation Test?
Do You Know For Sure You Are Going To Heaven?
Listen To Audio Version Here:
Another message you may like: False Hopes Of Heaven.
Learn more about William Blackburn Ministries.